We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
All these behaviors are usually followed by natural changes in the child's development, which after some time pass by themselves (especially if you do not pay excessive attention to them). The most important advice for a difficult time testing parental patience that you can give is: stay calm.
Why does the child disgust while eating?
Problems with food, refusing to eat a meal, disgusting, rejecting foods that the child has liked so far are often a sign of:
- seeking identity
- testing borders (a child reaches for it this way more often, the more parents want the toddler to "eat well" and the more attention is paid to mum or dad's behavior),
- making your own choices.
Therefore, the best thing a parent can do for himself and the child is accepting this process. It's worth coming to terms with what's going on and saying, "You don't want to, don't eat." However, this does not mean giving your child everything he wants and what is not on the table at the moment.
What not to do
Problems with food in a child are often the result of:
- distraction of the child,
The above methods usually work in the short run. In the long run, they can change the common meal time to the battlefield, and children who eat well in the eater or on the contrary: people with disturbed excessive appetite, unable to assess when they are hungry and unable to eat according to the needs of the body.
Rules to keep in mind
- do not allow snacking. The child does not want to eat: fine, but do not reach for unhealthy snacks between meals. If the toddler has not eaten breakfast or ate a little, let him wait for dinner / lunch. You can also hide an uneaten meal in the fridge and let it eat when it gets hungry.
- do not allow food in front of the TV. Don't feed your baby in front of the TV or computer monitor alone.
- do not give your child junk food, once the child becomes familiar with their taste, there is a high risk that it will refuse to have a softer taste of healthy meals
- make sure your meals look nice. The child before he eats: he carefully watches and smells the dishes.
- do not rush the child with food: if possible, get up earlier and eat alone.
- let the joint meal be a time of relaxation and joint moments in a pleasant atmosphere.
- take care of daily traffic. Your child's appetite will be greater.
And how do you deal with problems with eating your children?