We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
My daughter started to feel colic in the second month after she was born. He began to cry inconsolably and always at the same timeAt dusk, although she was clean and well fed. At first, I didn't know what to do. I took her to the doctor and there I learned that what she had was gas, a nuisance that more than half of newborn babies suffer.
Gas bubbles can cause a lot of discomfort and pain, and also enhance irritability and crying in babies. To seek relief from gas pains, babies lift, kick, and curl their little legs, and cry in anguish. Apart from these symptoms, it is also common make it difficult for a baby with gas to burp, have a swollen or full belly, or to rest in the crib or in the arms of his mother in a crooked posture.
What to do so that the baby does not have gas? I have heard thousands of formulas to combat colic in babies: droplets, massages aimed at colic, special nipples or bottles, etc. Not everything works for all babies. Some yes and others no. However, rather than alleviating baby colic, it is best to prevent it. To make that possible, follow some tips:
- Burp your baby during feeding, or before changing the breast if you are breastfeeding.
- Burp your baby against your shoulder, face down on your lap or sitting upright on it, supporting his chest and head as you gently tap his back.
- Don't play with your baby during or after feeding. Make the time of a baby's feeding as calm and relaxed as possible.
- Don't put your baby to bed after feeding. Better to keep it vertically supported on your shoulder, or sitting on your lap.
- Make sure that the nipple is the right size for your baby, if you use a bottle. When the nipple is too big, it can lead to your baby eating too much and fast. And besides, he will be able to swallow air.
- If your baby is prone to gas, talk to the pediatrician and ask for some medicine to relieve the symptoms of gas. It is important to observe if in addition to gas, the baby has a fever. In this case, you should take it to the doctor as soon as possible.
- Massages are a very good resource to avoid or relieve colic in the baby. After the baby's bath is an ideal time. Learn how to give your baby a good massage with this video:
You can read more articles similar to Does your baby have gas and colic?, in the Infant Colic category on site.