We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Calf cramps in pregnancy: when do they appear?
Calf cramps usually tease pregnant women in the 3rd trimester. Future moms are struggling with them at night and just in the morning. Suddenly occurring pain can be large and effectively disturbs sleep. Sometimes the trail of it accompanies even for several days. If the pain does not go away for a long time, it is worth consulting a doctor. It may (but does not have to) mean a clot in a limb, which requires immediate surgical intervention.
Leg cramps in pregnancy: causes
It is thought that the following may be responsible for cramps in pregnancy:
- fatigue from wearing an ever-larger belly (long, tiring day on legs: prolonged stay in one position: sitting or standing),
- frequent putting on the leg,
- hormones may also be guilty,
- increased pressure in the blood vessels in the legs
- diet (excess phosphorus, potassium and magnesium deficiency),
- uncomfortable footwear (it is worth limiting or giving up completely high, uncomfortable, too tight footwear)
What to do when the pain appears?
- Do not blow your fingers.
- Straighten your legs and point your toes.
- Stand on a cold floor.
- Hit the heel flat on the floor when lying down.
- Massage your leg, apply cold compresses.
How to prevent calf cramps in pregnancy: