We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
No wonder, the third year of a child's life abounds in many developmental changes.
Until now, usually a rebellious two-year-old does not change radically, although most often he does calms down a bit. He begins to appreciate contacts with peers, gets to know his needs and makes everyone aware that everyone is different. This is a milestone in development!
- the height and weight of the child increases slowly, after dynamic changes in the first two years, further growth occurs slowly,
- the ability to maintain balance improves, the child runs more efficiently, jumps and walks without tripping.
What can a three year old do?
- eat with a spoon yourself
- dress yourself (put on most wardrobe items),
- signal physiological needs,
- use the toilet
- at the end of the third year, the child should correctly use all grammatical forms,
- the child plays with the language and tries to use the word to evoke various reactions in the immediate surroundings, for example the whole voice, says: "I do not want a grandfather", "I do not love my mother", "I do not want to be at home with you", etc. When his words cause a negative reaction, usually scared and sad.
- the 3-year-old cannot read the time on the watch yet, but he knows the time terms, for example "tomorrow", "right away", "at five o'clock", etc. He often uses them during conversations, not always fully understanding them.
Emotional and social development
- the child's sense of autonomy and self-esteem develops,
- the child begins to try to solve problems, for example in play,
- the toddler begins to feel jealousy, pride, embarrassment, shame and guilt,
- the child learns by imitation,
- from the age of two, children play in parallel: that is, next to each other, theoretically the same, but not together,
- in the third year of life, children attempt to play together,
- the child is often still emotionally labile, can change from one feeling to another in a very short time,
- agitation over braking predominates in the child. That's why the parent is still needed for the toddler to calm down and achieve balance,
- the three-year-old knows he is a girl or a boy and his sex will never change, although the boy may sometimes say that "if he is big, he will be a girl" and the girl may indicate that he will become a boy. The toddler knows, however, that this is impossible and that the parent is also aware of this,
- the three year old is starting to feel compassionate and wants to find a friend among his peers,
- a 3-year-old who doesn't like something can even be aggressive: a child can raise his hand to another person (active aggression) or says "I don't like you", "go away" (verbal aggression). These behaviors should be consistently and patiently modified,
- you should provide your child with correct behavior patterns and tell yourself that inappropriate behavior is not a malice, but is a sign that your baby is growing naturally.